Tuesday, September 30, 2008



Choir Of Young Believers- Jannis Noya Makrigiannis

Hoxton Bar and Grill, London, September 29th 2008

I caught Jannis before their first gig in London, although I think he wasn't sure about writing a story in English, so I said that Danish was fine. He then asked my name, I said Paul, he said 'Do I know you from.. myspace?' I said yeah (had previously messaged about gigs/their album) and he then said 'the viking!' (which is my photo there) which was kinda surreal, but cool. I then left him to write his story, and went in to the gig. He brought it over to me and then introduced me to Christian, the Tigerspring label guy, who last year had been super kind and posted me the Choir... ep for free, so that was cool. & then i was finally able to buy the album that's seemed to take ages to come round (but probably didn't really).
As for the story, I am guessing that it is a story of him leaving Denmark that morning, and something about something that probably isn't muesli, meeting Christian, and then me asking for a story? Something like that maybe! It's another story to add to my list of ones to translate.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I can help you to translate this to English, 'cause i'm from Denmark. :) I am not briliant at English, so maybe you have to rewrite.

The letter:
Today I went op 8:30 and ate some muesli, took a bath and packed some clothes, talked in telephone and combing my bed. Was going to meet Christian 10:30 at the metro, but ofcourse I came a little too late, then we took the metro till the airport, fly a little and now we are here and is writing stories on paper. Thanks for coming Paul..
Sincerely, Jannis



PS: Choir of young believers is so fantastic, I was at a concert yesterday :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home